Monday, June 11, 2012

Powder Room Remodel

The perfect time to redo a small bathroom is when you're already doing another bigger project in your house.  You have to go through all the same steps, with the same subcontractors, why not kill two birds with one stone? 

I worked on a remodel of a master bath in this house and we tacked the powder room on too. I'll share that project later....now, here's the before pic of the powder room.

before


A little tired, a little dated, and ready for a facelift. Ooooo, that pedestal sink!

Yes, this powder room has a shower.  There's a room next door that can be used as a bedroom. The homeowner wanted to keep the limestone tile floor that spread into the hallway and we decided to replace all the other finishes and fixtures.  She wanted a warm look, with golden tones and wood finishes.


before 

A cultured marble shower box, dated wallpaper, and fixtures didn't do this home justice.


construction  progress - great tile job




after

We used more of the same limestone that was on the floor of the bathroom in the shower with a nice subtle pattern, a new custom built vanity to fit perfectly in the niche, a shapely limestone counter and splash (because you know I love a curvy backsplash), and pretty wallpaper in a rich, coppery color. 

The result....a warmer look that relates to the existing finishes elsewhere in the house that feels a lot more special!

(My new website is still being tweaked for a bug.  I'm  hoping for next Monday! This is killing me!)

Update - July 2, 2012 - My new blogsite is up! Please stop by for a visit.
  Designed w/Carla Aston

After photos by Miro Dvorscak





17 comments:

Naz said...

Fantastic improvement! How does the owner like the vessel sink?

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What a change! Looks great.

Unknown said...

Hi Naz,
She selected that herself. I designed the vanity and countertop/backsplash to frame it.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Beautiful transformation! Love the way that shower turned out!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Carla, You did a great job. So much fun to see before and afters.

SHERRY HART said...

I am in love with that vanity backsplash...dying to do it somewhere :)

Princess Kate said...

I'm not a big fan of the vessel sink but I love what you have done. Can you tell me how wide that vanity space is?

designchic said...

Beautiful as always, Carla!!

Splendid Sass said...

I know that your clients love you, Carla. Just gorgeous work. I love everything about the tile too.
Happy Monday.
Teresa
xoxo

Barbara@HausDesign said...

I love seeing your work Carla - you have so much talent! That looks great and I agree (after having had contractors in my house for weeks on end) - if you're going to do a remodel, go for it all at once!

Jessie said...

Beautiful work, Carla. The powder room feels so much brighter and more spacious than pre-makeover!

Have a great week!

Jessie
www.mixandchic.com

Woodside Park said...

As usual, fabulous work, Carla! You do a lot of remodels. I love seeing them, and thanks for showing the before photos. Looking forward to your new website.
Loi

Sharon @ mrshinesclass said...

So, so beautiful. I love the updates and the warm feel of the new powder bath. The wallpaper is gorgeous. At first I thought it was a faux finish.
Great design...you hit it out of the ballpark.
Sharon @ mrs. hines class

Unknown said...

Carla, such a beautiful bathroom redo! I absolutely love the vanity!! Fabulous designer!!

www.donnaviningblog.com

Mona Thompson Providence Ltd. said...

Love it...sure that your clients did too.

Marivic said...

Beautiful! I'm sure the owner was thrilled. I would be!

Cynthia said...

what a huge change. Big impact with the vanity.

Cynthia

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds or to create a website.