Monday, April 2, 2012

Decorating With Maps

I've always loved looking at maps and globes. I think using them in your home decor makes for interesting eye candy.  Here are some stunning examples.

House Beautiful - Daniel Sachs


Veranda - Peter Dunham



Elle Decor - Kerry Joyce


Elle Decor - Thomas O'Brien




Eclectic Revisited blog


Country Living


Elle Decor


House Beautiful - Chantal Doussachaud



Nathan Turner


Dransfield and Ross - Elle Decor



Kendall Wilkinson Design

Better Homes and Gardens


  I found this fabric below recently down at the Kravet showroom in the Dec. Center.  Wouldn't it make a great shade in a study or boy's room like the room above?


Kravet


Found this nautical map wallpaper too that will possibly be used in a client's upstairs bath.




I think maps give a richness and depth to an interior.




thenester.com



Visual Comfort blog - Fairmont Hotel, presidential suite

Love them!



All Squared Away blog

8 comments:

Splendid Sass said...

The Dransfield and Ross map is amazing. I also love the Peter Dunham and Thomas O'Brien maps. I love them all.
I have always loved globes, and these maps are perfect wall coverings.
Thank you for sharing, Carla.
Teresa
xoxo

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Greeeaaat maps!!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Carla, great post! Love this idea...

Woodside Park said...

Hi Carla - Enjoying your post on maps! Reminding me to start searching for vintage maps on Washington, DC. I want to frame and hang a collection in my study. Best, Loi

Kellie Collis said...

Gorgeous maps! So lovely in kid's rooms too! Enjoy the fabulous day, Kellie xx

Concrete Jungle said...

Inspires me to clear a wall for one somewhere, anywhere!
Great post,thanks Carla.

Stacy CUrran said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Dransfield and Ross one! Thanks for such a great post!
Stacy

Tatiana Doria said...

Maps are so decorative. I love the looks they provide to any room!
Great post.

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds or to create a website.