Saturday, March 17, 2012

Flooring - Checkerboard Pattern

There is nothing quite so classic or versatile as a checkerboard floor pattern.  Any kind of alternating dark and light material will do.
Bold, graphic, historical, classic, modern, it all comes to mind.


interioralchemy.tumblr.com


Suzanne Tucker - Architectural Digest


Elizabeth Dinkel - Traditional Home


Michael S. Smith - House Beautiful

Landmark Goodyear House, Traditional Home


the accessorator blog - Paris shop, Tourrette


aesthetically thinking blog - Capri


YSL villa - Tangier, Morocco


Hatfield House, Armoury - England


Hatfield House - Long Gallery, England


House of Windsor - Veranda



House Beautiful


Veranda



Chatsworth House - Painted Hall, England



Carleton Varney - Oscars Green Room, 2008 - Architectural Digest



Architectural Digest



Windsor Smith


via modernprairegirl.com

Kate and Andy Spade's home via Mix and Chic blog


Coastal Living magazine

\

Alessandra Branca - Decorati Acesss blog




Dorothy Draper - Greenbrier Hotel via Apartment Therapy blog


The ultimate timeless pattern.



My work featured recently on these sites:

Mona of Providence Ltd. blog

Simply Klassic Home

and

houzz.com, twice in one week!

Here and Here

Many thanks!


5 comments:

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I love checker board...never tire of it. I am working on a law office with checker board in the kitchen...just getting a new counter and painting the walls and this post is giving me some ideas...especially the last photo.

Congrats on the features...you are so good, Carla.

Delightfully Curious Designs said...

OOOHH , I AM IN LOVE WITH THE PAINTED/WOOD FLOOR FROM THE COASTAL LIVING PICTURE. SUCH A GREAT INSPIRATION!! SEE THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I KEEP COMING BACK LIKE A BAD PENNY!!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

I did a painted wood chekerboard floor in our last house...WISH I had a pic...alas, no!

Taylor Greenwalt said...

One of my favorite looks. I never get tired of them.

Anonymous said...

This is my first time visit at here and i am genuinely impressed to read all at single place.

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds or to create a website.