Monday, January 2, 2012

A Little Brass In The Kitchen

Architectural Digest  - Genevieve Faure

I'm loving a bit of brass in interiors these days.  It had such a bad turn for awhile there.  We're seeing it more and more and I love the warmth it brings to a space.  




Carole Lalli - House Beautiful




Mark Badgley - Elle Decor




Nancy Bozhardt - House Beautiful




Aerin Lauder-Zinterhofer - Elle Decor




Susan Dossetter - House Beautiful


So what do you think?  Would you do some brass in your kitchen?

9 comments:

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Carla, Looking forward to seeing more brass and gold. Love all the images you used. Happy New Year!

Teresa Hatfield ~ Splendid Sass said...

I love brass, think every room can use a touch or two. Love these images, Carla, especially the faucets and the pendant in the kitchen.
Teresa
xoxo

Carol@6WilsonBlog.com said...

I have always been a brass girl from way back in the day. I guess because I'm usually a warm color person. And I love that the silver OR gold rule doesn't apply anymore.

Hope you have a fabulous start to the new year with lots of great things ahead, Carla. I always enjoy your blog. You are a talented lady!

Anonymous said...

good to see brass getting a little more exposure...it's a fabulous element that got a little over used a while back yet it's a classic and with the updated look, it's a winner too!!
best,
maureen

Donna said...

Brassy is classy!

designchic said...

I just love it and love it mixed with the stainless too...like jewelry!!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Wonderful pictures. I love looking at houses and the decor. I am your newest follower. Happy New Year to you. Linda

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I put brass reading sconces in mine. Love it.

Kathy said...

I'm so glad to see its making a bit of a come back! I'm pondering brass hardware for my kitchen cabinets.

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds or to create a website.